These mugs are the lead image on my new website, at http://web.me.com/hatchvillepottery/Site/Home.html
I've been working on it for the past week, using iWeb on my iMac and a brief but very helpful conference last week with a young woman named Mindy at the Hingham (MA) Apple store. Nothing like a 30-year-old to explain the world to you.
Please take a look. I know that crowd-sourcing a critique of something like this can be dangerous, but what the hell ...
A few things I know already that need to be fixed:
- The background of the site needs to be consistent from page to page. Right now, the home page background is gray and the other pages black. I am pretty sure I'll stay with black, but I need to figure out how to change the home page background. (Mindy apparently didn't tell me absolutely everything in the 10 minutes we were together.)
- I know there are editing tweaks to be made in the copy, but if you see anything scandalous, please let me know.
- I realize that the photos in Gallery 4, the "recent pots" one, have a generally yellowish cast to them, as opposed to the other three galleries. That's a white balance problem in my Nikon SLR, which has never been as good as my earlier point-and-shoot. I need to figure that out, and I'll probably have to re-shoot those photos, but at least I still have those pots.
- I'm planning another page, of images made around the studio and the galleries.
- I'm still not sure if I'll publish this through Apple, but I pushed the "publish site" button and there it is. So you might as well look at it. It needs to find a happy home, minus all the web.me.com stuff, and it needs to be set up so that you can find it through Google. None of that is done at this point.
So ... do you find anything confusing? Unhelpful? Too helpful? Please let me know.