A couple of weeks ago I saw a small hanging vase on a Japanese blog. Just a little thing, good for one or two blossoms, placed in a quiet out-of-the-way place, a small and sweet visual surprise. I had a little ball of clay left from a throwing session, so I coned up the ball, cut the facets, opened the pot and gave it a bit of a rim above the facets. Once it dried a bit, I cut a pair of holes for the hanging wire. I glazed it, like almost everything else, in Nuka and fired it.
This morning I found a piece of copper wire and three of Dee's spring flowers and hung it next to my studio door. Now, I have to remember to keep replacing the flowers ...
This afternoon, I had literally a pound of clay left in the studio (I'm picking up more tomorrow), so I threw a couple more of the little hanging vases.
Center, the top cone pack, with cone 11 just about where it ought to be.
A year has passed - its Julestue time again
52 minutes ago